Who Will Win The 2008 Presidential Election?

Monday, September 24, 2007

Parenting


I am kind of combining two past posts I have done on my blog 'Rainbows and Butterflies.' I wish I hadn't deleted them completely because I had a lot of good comments on them. Since new news has come up, I thought I'd address them both again but in different ways: Parenting and Britney Spears.

The previous blog on parenting, semi-jokingly, suggested an IQ test be given to kids at age 12 and if they didn't do at least above a slightly mentally handicapped level, they would be 'fixed.' Then for those who were smart enough and became pregnant another requirement: 8 months of parenting classes (with the baby's father!) and possibly occasional random drop-by visits to check on the condition of the baby.

The previous blog on Britney was kind of defending her. It gets harder and harder to though. Things are coming out about her being a terrible parent and now she's charged with hit-and-run..? The Internet news sources are saying she didn't feed her babies well, didn't let them sleep after she came home from partying, bathed them in designer lotions that irritated their skin, did drugs, and did inappropriate sexual things around the kids. I still stand by that she should not be called fat, she is gorgeous, and the media really should stay out of her life.. but is she a lost cause? She's been to rehab, but is seen doing drugs the day she got out. She temporarily loses custody of her kids, then goes out partying? I think she should do what she wants with her life, but not if it affects innocent children. I think she probably just needs somebody genuine to reach out to her and help her get back to being her old self. Perhaps show her she can enjoy life without drugs, alcohol, and partying - once the addictions are under control. The alternative, K-Fed, hardly seems like a great parent either. These kids don't seem to have much of a great future.

Is it really that absurd to suggest that parents/potential parents be given requirements? Getting a job or driving requires certifications, so why not parenting? Do you think parenting is really what goes wrong with people, or their own weaknesses, or is society in general to blame? I had horrible parenting but I didn't become a 'train wreck.'
The current system is failing America's children. If I was a member of DCFS, I wouldn't let half of things that go on, continue to happen. Besides myself, I knew several other kids that were abused/treated badly. DCFS investigated and found evidence and did nothing. What is wrong with that organization? People get their pets taken away for less serious abuse than it takes to get their children taken away.. why is this?

Please leave your thoughts/experiences on this topic!