Who Will Win The 2008 Presidential Election?

Friday, September 28, 2007

Trying to Make a Difference!

I have been blogging on animal topics on my other blog and I'd like to do one on here to point out how important of a cause this is and different campaigns you can contribute to. I hate feeling helpless to things that upset me. I figured I would check out the PETA website and see if there's any way for me to get involved. I realize a lot of people think they are too 'exteme,' but their overall mission is a wonderful thing.


You don't have support everything they do but you will most likely agree with many of them. I have already found four causes I wrote letters for. Here are a few of the latest issues:


KFC (Kentucky Fried Cruelty) - They breed chickens and inject them with drugs so they grow so large they can't walk. "They break their legs and wings" and cram them into "waste-filled factories." Sign Pink's petition.


Iams - A PETA investigator found this, "dogs who had gone crazy from intense confinement in barren steel cages and cement cells, dogs who had been left on a filthy paint-chipped floor after chunks of muscle had been hacked from their thighs, dogs who had been surgically debarked, and horribly sick dogs and cats who were languishing in their cages, neglected and left to suffer without veterinary care."
Join the Boycott!


China's Skinning of Live Cats and Dogs -
The first time I came across this was on the "girl in short shorts" blog that I am sure everyone is familiar with, she posted a video of it that is absolutely heartbreaking. It's also on the PETA site. The e-mail address is not valid but I am sending a letter to this address:
His Excellency Zhou Wenzhong
Ambassador of the People's Republic of China
Embassy of the People's Republic of China
2300 Connecticut Ave. N.W.Washington, DC 20008


Ringling Brothers - Two workers "witnessed a violent beating of an elephant that lasted at least 30 minutes" which left the elephant "crying out in agony and was left bleeding profusely from severe wounds." I never liked the circus as kid! They have a long past of similar activities.
Get Active!


PetSmart! of all places! - "PETA documented more than 100 small animals—including hamsters, domestic rats, lizards, chinchillas, and birds—deprived of effective veterinary care and slowly dying, out of customers' sight."
Get Active!


CBS - on a recent episode of "Kid Nation" which apparently is like Survivor where young kids were left for 40 days. The kids had become close to the animals but a few of them convinced the rest to kill chickens for protein. Some of the kids were apparently traumatized. This is not the first time the network has killed animals for ratings!
Get Active!


If you want to help helpless animals, join the PETA site and become active today! It will tell you what brands/companies to avoid due to their lack of concern for animal welfare and who is animal-friendly. Most of them have forms with sample letters you can edit and personalize in minutes and many are signature petitions that have made major differences in the past! Once you sign up they will e-mail the new causes so you don't have to check the site very often. I also have quite a few other links, if you don't like PETA, on my Rainbows and Butterflies site that support animals!


Take a few minutes and help out some needy animals - you obviously have a little spare time if you're reading my blog :) lol.


Thanks for reading!