Who Will Win The 2008 Presidential Election?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Driving Distractions

I keep hearing about all of these people who get in wrecks because they are texting while driving. A 38 year old man just hit a train while texting; but most of the cases seem to be teenagers. I have trouble talking on a cell phone while driving; I couldn't imagine sending a text message. There are even several people I know that do it though.

What can be that important that they risk that? It's almost as selfish as drunk driving. Cars are deadly weapons, especially when operated carelessly. Do you know anyone who does this? They are giving bad reps to young people, and they are starting to make it more and more difficult for them to maintain driving priveleges. I'm 24 so I wouldn't be affected by it, but what about responsible teenagers that need to drive to work to help out their families or to get to school? Pretty soon they won't be able to drive until they're out of high school if these things keep happening.

Enjoy this cute picture of a kid driving I found :) .