Who Will Win The 2008 Presidential Election?

Monday, October 22, 2007

"Fairweather" Friends

I am one whom once I make a friend, I tend to keep them. My best friends from grade school and high school are still my friends. I stick by people. No matter how they have changed, I still love them the same. Isn't that how it should be? People have different views, that is a given. How boring would it be if we all agreed all of the time?

Why is that other people are not as loyal to their friends as others?

Why if I change my views, would a friend of a decade suddenly turn on me? I don't mind that other people aren't vegetarian, or even that they don't feel animals are important. That is their decision. I can live peacefully with them. So why, does it matter that I do care about those things?

I guess if a friend is repeatedly that close-minded and that judgmental towards me, maybe I should return that favor? Maybe it is me in the wrong and feel that people should grow apart because of their differences in opion. Why do I feel the need to hang onto people regardless of how they treat me?

Here are some quotes from the person I have stood by through many weird "phases" that I didn't agree with.

"This world is impermanant and "saving" it is pointless. Live now, stop f***ing worrying, it's worrying that somebody else may have a bigger army that makes you build yours and then absolute power corrupts. I don't know about you anymore. Your really f***ing pushing it. You had f***ing better (when you die) give yourself back to the world that born you. i.e. have yourself taken to the top of a mountain and have your body fed upon by vultures. You wanna give back... what better way? Don't f***ing hide in a casket so the bugs don't get ya."

There were some worse comments that refer to me being on a "high horse" but unfortunately installing HaloScan erases your old comments..? Didn't realize that or I wouldn't have installed it.

P.S. Profanity is the crutch of the inarticulate! Ha!